C 42 Portrait
C42 Series - the bestseller, meanwhile more than 1200 units delivered worldwide -the bestselling ultralight aircraft in Germany
Maximum fun of flying at a reasonable ratio between price and performance.
An innovative, modern two-seater micro-light aircraft sets the standards. The classic advantages of the ultralight and the standard aircraft categories are combined to produce a fascinating, technically matured machine.
The IKARUS C42 Series is very popular due to its excellent flight characteristics.
- The aluminium tube construction combined with carbon fibre, Aramid and glass fibre enables light weights at high solidity
- This way of construction is also very maintenance-friendly
- Optimised engine performance and low fuel consumption by the use of separate supplies for fresh air with the aid of NACA-intake with charge effect
- The oil cooler integrated into the cooling water circuit guarantees ideal set-up between oil-, water- resp. cylinder head temperature
- Additional preheating prevents carburettor icing
- A climate of wellness due to cabin heating and air vent
- Standard electric trim and landing flap adjustment
- Optional aerodynamic main gear fairing
- The standardl Carbon fibre winglets cause an elegant visual effect and even better flight characteristics at low speed flight as well as at banner- and aero-tow
- Aerodynamic design of the engine-cowling and front-screen-tilting has been optimised in the wind tunnel
- The high opening folding doors reach all down to the cabin floor. They allow the most comfortable entrance into the 1,2 m wide, spaciously glassed cabin.
- Over-average high payload
- Affordable Aero-tow up to 650 kg towing capacity
Technical data C42E 100HP
|Cruising speed (IAS)||175 km/h||Wing area||12,5 m²|
|Max. airspeed Vmax (IAS)||190 km/h||MTOW*||540,0 kg|
|Stallspeed||65 km/h||Fuel tank volume||65 Liter|
|Rate of clim (472,5 kg)||5,0 m/s||Average consumptionof fuel L/hr||12-17|
|Wing span||9,45 m||Range 65 Liters tank||ca. 700 km|
|Length||6,38 m||Length of takeoff run (Gras)||90-100m|
|Height||2,20 m||Glide ratio||11|
* MTOW and payload may be different according to national law"